Pantone's Spring 2013 Color Report and How it Affects Garden Trends
The office is all a buzz over the new Spring 2013 Pantone Color Report. These kind of trend reports help Garden Media identify hot products and ideas to add to our annual garden trends report.
And good news for the lawn and garden industry, according to Pantone, greens will be a hot color for spring 2013. Greens will act as a neutral color in everything from fashion to home decor.
The three shades in particular that Pantone predicts will be hot this spring are:
- Tender Shoots, a vibrant, invigorating, active and cheerful yellow-green
- Grayed Jade, a subtle, hushed green with a gray undertone
- Sophisticated Emerald, a lively, radiant green
Other colors that Pantone predicts will be big in 2013 are:
- Exotic African Violet, a statement purple color that brings a touch of intrigue to the palette
- Poppy Red, a seductive, sensual and celebratory shade of true red
- Nectarine, a bright, effervescent citrus orange with coral undertones, provides a tangy burst of flavor
- Lemon Zest, with a refreshing, spritely greenish cast
- Dusk Blue offers a calming sense of serenity akin to its green counterpart, Grayed Jade. Both of these colors act as the season's newest neutrals.
- A warm neutral, Linen is light and airy, providing a nude-like basic that is a must have for spring.
- Anchoring Monaco Blue is a classic shade that offers both stability and depth to the entire palette.
For more garden trend inspiration, including the colors we see for 2013 (hint, some are the same!) download a copy of our 2013 trends report:
Read more from Pantone, here.