According to Shareaholic, a provider of social sharing buttons and widgets with more than 200,000 publishers using its tools, Pinterest is now sending more traffic than Yahoo search.
We've blogged about Pinterest, and are self-proclaimed Pinterest addicts! Are you using Pinterest to drive traffic to your website? If not, you may want to start!
The data from Shareaholic informs us that Pinterest is sending more traffic to their users' websites than Yahoo organic search. In fact, Pinterest is also sending more traffic than Bing and Twitter, too, coming in at Shareaholic users' fourth largest traffic driver in August. The sample size was based on 200,000 websites that are using Shareaholic’s widgets. The post included some impressive graphs and charts to illustrate these numbers.
"Over the past few months, Pinterest traffic has been especially hot. Since May, Pinterest traffic has more than doubled in size. Its growth is even more pertinent when comparing it to organic traffic: Since January, Google, Yahoo and Bing organic traffic has decreased by 15.63% on average."
So, what does this mean for you?Are you in the lawn and garden industry? Do you have a Pinterest account? Our industry was practically MADE for such an image heavy network. Get out there and promote yourself! For tips on using Pinterest, download our e-book.
- Katie Ketelsen- Specializing in nothing, dabbling in everything: BHG.com Garden Editor, board member for National Green Centre, Urban Farmer wannabe
- Landscaping Network.com- LandscapingNetwork.com is about educating and connecting: we provide information to homeowners, and then connect them with local landscape professionals.
- Leaf Magazine- A digital magazine about outdoor design with a fresh approach to outdoor style
- Maureen Gilmer- An author of horticulture books, photography; lover of horses, the old west and the desert.
- Urban Gardens- Innovative, eco-friendly designs, trends, & ideas that extend & blend boundaries between indoor & outdoor spaces.
- And of course, us! Garden Media
If you’re interested in seeing the full data surrounding this article, you can check out the story here.