2018 is officially here!
This year Garden Media Group is taking a break – a mental break that is. Our focus for this year is mental wellness and with that comes a few resolutions to make that happen.
Before we jump into what resolutions we are looking forward to, let’s take a look back in 2017.
Brands did some great things and some not so great things. In the spirit of growing, let’s see what we can learn from 2017.
Use Your Voice: Thousands of women stood up and spoke up with #MeToo. This led to a cover of Time magazine as “Person of the Year.” As Trump took office, companies raced to get their brand in order to see what they were going to do to help immigrants have a voice of their own.
Using your voice doesn’t mean speaking out against every issue – it does mean backing the issues your brand, customers and employees might be dealing with.
Podcasts and Videos: It has been shown time and time again video marketing is here to stay! How-To videos are great for millennials and vlogger influencers are trending like crazy. Podcasts are picking up quickly. Branded video content being featured or even sponsoring a podcast is a great way to get your name out there in a new niche.
Narrow it down: Brands that have narrowed down their audience and created content for specific people have hit the nail on the head. Netflix did a great job of this while promoting the newest Stranger Things season. They used era specific photos and hints to really drive the nostalgia of the 80s.
Continue reading to see what resolutions to follow in 2018.
2017, with all of its highs and lows, is officially done. This year, we are moving forward into bigger and better things all while keeping mental wellness in mind.
- Declutter your life – the easiest way to start fresh is to clean off your desk, clean out your office and most importantly, organize your email inbox. This will set you up for success and a stress free year.
- Professional Development – learning new tricks of the trade will inspire you to kick this year in the butt. Start by reading professional blogs, trade information and take a class or two in your field. Arming yourself with the right equipment will help relieve some of the unknowing stress.
- Plant your Desk – studies have shown that having air purifying plants around you (or your desk) will help clear your mind. A clearer mind allows room for new ideas, which can spark your creativity.
- Get your hands dirty – get into the garden one way or another. Taking time away from being plugged in 24/7 and becoming one with nature can offer you mental and physical wellness opportunities.
- More purple – purple is the reigning color of health. Surrounding yourself in purple, whether that is in design or foods, helps keep the motivation of staying healthy in the forefront of your mind.
- Create a breathing room – make a space for yourself where you are surrounded by air purifying plants. Step it up a notch and introduce an area for relaxation or meditation.
What resolutions do you have for 2018?